On Mon, 06 Oct 2014, Brian Candler wrote:
> "I have a 500GB disk. Set it up with LVM. Allocate 20% of it now, dividing
> it up the same way you would a 100GB disk. Leave the rest free for me to
> decide what to do with later"
>
> ... can be achieved by answering just one extra question.
>
> Is there any chance this feature could be ported into Debian?

If someone steps up to do the work, sure.

> Has this been discussed before, and if so, what was the outcome?

I don't believe so; it sounds like a reasonable option to expose (though
the default should almost certainly be 100%).

Dropping non-free would set us back at least, what, 300 packages? It'd
take MONTHS to make up the difference, and meanwhile Debian users will
be fleeing to SLACKWARE.

And what about SHAREHOLDER VALUE?
 -- Matt Zimmerman in <20021120225004.gx14...@mizar.alcor.net>