Andrei POPESCU <andreimpope...@gmail.com> writes:

> Something is keeping the module busy, but according to lsmod it's not
> another module.
>
> In case you get any output from
>
>     lsof | grep /dev/snd
>
>     (this needs root or sudo)
>
> try stopping the applications listed in the first column (the second
> column is the process number).

Thanks Andrei. I followed the following steps:

1. Found that it is pulseaudio that is blocking the module unload.
2. systemctl --user stop pulseaudio.socket
3. systemctl --user stop pulseaudio.service
4. Verified that now nothing is blocking snd_usb_audio (using lsof)
5. Unloaded module using "modprobe -r"
6. Loaded again using "modeprob"
7. Started pulseaudio again

Still the device is not listed in alsamixer and hence cannot play.

"alsactl init" also producing same errors as before.

Regards ~Pankaj