Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this is a bug in Debian, expected behaviour or something
else, so I decided to write here before opening a bug. Maybe someone can
help me out and tell me if it is something I should report.

I am using the official python docker image which builds out of Bullseye
(btw, this happens in bookworm too). Until yesterday when I ran `adduser
--system nonroot` it would populate `$HOME` with `/home/notroot/`. Today I
rebuilt the image and it is set to `/nonexistent`. Was this intentional or
is it a bug? I cannot find any reference to this change anywhere but maybe
I have missed something. If it was intentional I have to say that it
absolutely breaks python's ability to find the root for the current user.
In case it helps someone else, I switched to useradd -m and that fixed it.

Best,
Diego