Hi Michael,

I did some more debugging on this problem, by applying most of the
debian/patches files to my local checkout of the official wine git in an attempt
to reproduce the problem.  So far, this was unsuccessful.

However, I also couldn't get the build to complete again after applying the zlib
patches.  I keep getting this, even after "make clean && autoreconf &&
./configure ...":

> ../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -o cabinet.dll.so --wine-objdir ../.. -m32
> -fno-PIC -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -shared cabinet.spec cabinet_main.o
> fci.o fdi.o cabinet.res ../../libs/port/libwine_port.a -lz
> /usr/bin/ld: fci.o: in function `compress_MSZIP':
> /home/r/src/wine/dlls/cabinet/fci.c:929: undefined reference to `deflateInit2'
> /usr/bin/ld: /home/r/src/wine/dlls/cabinet/fci.c:941: undefined reference to
> `deflate'
> /usr/bin/ld: /home/r/src/wine/dlls/cabinet/fci.c:942: undefined reference to
> `deflateEnd'
> /usr/bin/ld: cabinet.dll.so: hidden symbol `deflate' isn't defined
> /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: bad value

The zilib patches touch wininet, which AFAIK is used by Uru, so they are a
likely candidate for being the cause of the crash here.
Do you have any advice for fixing the build with the zlib patches applied?

Kind regards
diafero