Hi, y'all-

I installed a new Windows 2000 server yesterday, and today one of the customers emailed me that FTP lands him inside his directory structure and he can't climb up to the root. He uses IE as his FTP client. I checked the FTP setup for his site, and it is set up correctly to point to his root.

So I tried it with WS_FTP, and sure enough, you get into a directory called "Default". With WS_FTP you can climb up one level to the root. With IE, you cannot. (The "up" buton on IE gives you the previous page visited.)

Thinking that the directory name "Default" might be the culprit, I renamed it. Sure enough, IE and WS_FTP behaved normally. So it looks like the server is routing FTP requests on its own to this directory if it exists.

I searched for documentation on this, and found nothing anywhere. Probably didn't look in the right place, but out of curiosity, have any of you seen this one before?

-Dave Doherty
 Skywaves, Inc.