I manually blacklisted nautilus in the source code and it's fine for me.
I cannot understand why so few people has found this bug annoying. It's
still present in Quantal. This bug should really be fixed in Quantal
since nautilus is so essential to the system.

  With appmenus context-menu shortcut options in nautilus do not work
  properly. E.g. I need to press R twice to select Rename and then hit
  Return to select it.

Status in Application menu module for GTK+:
  Confirmed
Status in “appmenu-gtk” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “appmenu-gtk” source package in Precise:
  Confirmed
Status in “nautilus” source package in Precise:

  Many of the context-menu shortcut options in nautilus (e.g. Rename,
Properties, etc.) do not work properly. For instance, once I open the context
menu for a file/folder, I need to press P twice to select Properties and then
hit enter in order to select it.
  Or if I hit R, Rename is selected but I need to hit enter to execute it.
  Also in terminal, same problem with selecting Copy (C shortcut) to copy a
marked text.

  $ lsb_release -rd && apt-cache policy nautilus

  Release:      11.10
  nautilus:
    Installed: 1:3.2.1-0ubuntu3.1
    Candidate: 1:3.2.1-0ubuntu3.1