tinite, thank you for taking the time to report this bug and trying to help
make Ubuntu better. However, the ClickPad Test PPA is not a software package
provided by the official Ubuntu repositories. Because of this the Ubuntu
project can not support or fix your particular bug. Please report this bug to
the provider of the software package. As per
https://launchpad.net/~chasedouglas/+archive/clickpad:
For questions and bugs with software in this PPA please contact Chase Douglas.
-> https://launchpad.net/~chasedouglas

If you are interested in learning more about software repositories and
Ubuntu, check https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories

If you have a bug with your touchpad, so your hardware and problem may be
tracked, please feel free to file a new report by executing the following in a
terminal:
ubuntu-bug xorg

For more on this, please see the official Ubuntu documentation:
Ubuntu X.Org Team, Ubuntu Bug Control, and Ubuntu Bug Squad:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/BestPractices#X.2BAC8-Reporting.Focus_on_One_Issue
Ubuntu Community:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Bug_reporting_etiquette

When opening up the new report, please feel free to subscribe me to it.

Thank you for your understanding.

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  testing from the test clickpad ppa: enable-rightbutton.sh doesn t work

Status in “xserver-xorg-input-synaptics” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Testing from the "call for testing" PPA (sudo add-apt-repository
ppa:chasedouglas/clickpad).
  I have a new asus zenbook ux31e, with elantexh Touchpad:
  cat /proc/bus/input/devices | grep -i pad
  N: Name="ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad"

  The touchpad works, but I cannot use the 3 fingers taps to make a paste.
  Furthermore to select a text, I don't understand how to continue the
selection when I arrive to the edge of the touchpad.
  So I try this ppa:chasedouglas/clickpad
  I am not sure that anything was upgraded

  Here is the output of xinput:
  ⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
  ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                      id=4    [slave  pointer
 (2)]
  ⎜   ↳ USB Optical Mouse                               id=9    [slave  pointer
 (2)]
  ⎜   ↳ ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad                        id=13   [slave  pointer
 (2)]
  ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
      ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                     id=5    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Video Bus                                       id=6    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Power Button                                    id=7    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Sleep Button                                    id=8    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ USB 2.0 UVC 0.3M Webcam                         id=10   [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Asus WMI hotkeys                                id=11   [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                    id=12   [slave
keyboard (3)]

  I try ./enable-rightbutton.sh 13:
  property Synaptics Soft Button Areas doesn't exist, you need to specify its
type and format