Hello Wirelessbit,
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with Thunderbird.

I think by your comments you have solved this problem. But just to be
sure, can you confirm that we can close this ticket?

Thanks

** Changed in: thunderbird (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Thunderbird does not display remote share folders

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: thunderbird

  After loading Thunderbird there are not folders displayed under the Local
Folder tree.
  The folder is a shared location on a Windows 2003 Server that is mounted
using CIFS and there are still not working.
  It was working before on Ubuntu 9.04 but after upgrading to Ubuntu 9.10 it
stop working. All permission are still the same and are working since I can
access the same location using Thunderbird under Windows Vista with no problem
at all.

  After running Thunderbird under the console I get the following:
  When I run:

  thunderbird -jsconsole