I've published revision 579 to the candidate channel with the u2f-devices plug.
To test this you will need to do the following:

    snap refresh core --edge
    snap refresh chromium --candidate
    snap connect chromium:u2f-devices

Then restart chromium and verify that your U2F device is seen and works.

To everyone affected, please test and let me know if that works for you
(details about your U2F device would be interesting).

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  [snap] U2F doesn't work with yubikey

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  (initially reported by Daniel at https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/call-
  for-testing-chromium-62-0-3202-62/2569/50)

    « U2F (Universal 2nd Factor) isn’t working when signing into my
  gmail account trying to use my yubikey. This is a USB device which
  IIRC chromium needs bidirectional communication with. »

  This requires investigation, but the yubikey I have is too old and
  doesn't support U2F.