On Tuesday, March 18, 2014 10:02:48 AM UTC-7, Chris Mills wrote:
> Point taken, but it is all available on his blog for free, and I believe he
> is looking into other publishing avenues too.
>

> Chris Mills
>
>    Senior tech writer || Mozilla
>
> developer.mozilla.org || MDN
>
>    cmi...@mozilla.com || @chrisdavidmills
>

> On 18 Mar 2014, at 16:58, Hubert Figuière <h...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>

> > On 18/03/14 12:40 PM, Andrew Halberstadt wrote:
>
> >> Regarding promoting the book, would it be inappropriate to add it to an
>
> >> "external resources" section or something on mdn?
>

> > I'm also a bit annoyed (and ironic) that it requires Amazon Kindle lockin.
>

> > Firefox OS is a lot about promoting freedom through the web as a platform.
>

> > Hub

Thank you, Chris, for posting the links to the book and the blog. My point of
putting the book on Amazon is to get the message out to a different category of
users who may only be vaguely aware of what Firefox OS is about. As you point
out, the blog is free (and continuing with new material) and I am investigating
putting this on Leanpub and Nook and not sure who else. The only difference
between the book and the blog is that I cut out stuff that was chatter and also
did a little smoothing here and there. I've tried to keep the price low. $5 is
the price of a fast-food meal.

I'm thinking of doing a second book gathering up my Firefox OS game reviews so
that people can learn about all the cool games in the Marketplace. And I'm
continuing on with the blog. My latest thought is to dig a little bit deeper
into CSS sprites since they are very easy and might appeal to people who are
more designers or gamers than programmers.

But I'm intrigued about the new release of a Canvas debugger for Firefox. And
there are some cool game libraries out there that work well with Firefox OS. In
particular I'm following Construct 2 and Phaser. In particular, Construct is a
great drag-and-drop program that is super easy!

Everyone has been very supportive and again I thank you!