Filipe,

  This is neat, I can definitely see the utility of the approach. I do share
the concerns expressed in other comments with respect to the use of the config
file for per db compaction specs and the use of a compact_loop that waits on
config change messages when the ets table is empty. I don't think it fully
takes into account the use case of large numbers of small dbs and/or some very
large dbs interspersed with a lot of mid-size dbs.

  Anyway I like it a lot though I've only read the code for 1/2 and hour or so.
I also agree with others that the code base is reaching a point of being a bit
crufty and it might be a good time with the git migration, etc.. to take a
breath and commit to making some of these OTP compliant changes and design
changes we've talked about.

Regards,

Bob