Hey guys,

Finally, after quite some time, we do have an automated Jenkins job [1] to run
Jakarta RESTful Web Services 2.1 TCK against Apache CXF (literally, any
version/PR
but 2.1 compatibility means 3.3.x and above). How does it work (at this moment):

1) This is parametrized build, needs only CXF version (3.3.4, 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT,
or
any custom version available as an artifact in Apache repository). The pipeline
does not
build CXF itself (although it could in general, it would take longer). So if you
commit some fixes, please make sure the snapshots/version are published before
re-running
the TCK.

2) The job checks out JakartaEE TCK, builds the JAX-RS TCK only tailored for
CXF
(JAX-RS impl classes, etc). We could skip this step when / if official TCKs are
published and become available later on.

3) The job runs all JAX-RS TCK tests against Glassfish 5.1.0 release

4) The reports are available as an artifacts [2] (along with JAX-RS TCK
distribution)

5) The pipeline (Jenkins) and parameters are committed to master [3], please
feel free to
check and improve it or suggest what you think make sense

6) The complete run takes around ~2h to complete

7) Current state [4]:

   Tests that passed: 2584
   Tests that failed: 77
   Tests that had errors: 2
   Total: 2663

Some of the fixes are already in PRs state (like SSE fe [5]), others we would
need to tackle along the
way, luckily we could track the progress now :-) And we are not that far from
getting Jakarta EE TCKs
compatibility logo :)))

Thanks!

[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/C/view/Apache%20CXF/job/CXF-JAXRS-TCK/
[2]
https://builds.apache.org/view/C/view/Apache%20CXF/job/CXF-JAXRS-TCK/65/artifact/
[3] https://github.com/apache/cxf/tree/master/tck
[4]
https://builds.apache.org/view/C/view/Apache%20CXF/job/CXF-JAXRS-TCK/65/artifact/JTreport/html/report.html
[5] https://github.com/apache/cxf/pull/621

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

DK> Consider CXF itself doesn’t even have a real logo, I’m not sure what we’d
even do with the compatibility logos.  :)

DK> Anyway, it’s kind of a “nice to have if they become available, but I
wouldn’t go out of my way to get them”, IMO.

DK> Dan

>> On Feb 27, 2019, at 9:20 PM, Jim Ma <mail2ji...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> It's a good thing CXF get TCK tests passed. If the logo is not a
>> complicated thing to request, it's better to have.
>> Do we only need to pass standalone JAXWS and JAXRS TCK instead of EE TCK ?

>> On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 7:29 AM Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Is anyone interested in taking this on?

>>> Colm.