Great progress has been made with the integration between HSQLDB and
OpenOffice.org, and I seriously believe that with version 2.0,
OpenOffice.org will finally have a powerful integrated database for
all-day use. This is thanks to the HSQLDB project, and in particular
thanks to Fred Toussi, who dedicated a lot of voluntary time to this
project, and significantly pushed it by fixing bugs and implementing
wanted features.

I want to take the opportunity to renew the below call. There's still
work to be done on both sides, and while the OpenOffice.org part is
sponsored by Sun, there's no such patron for HSQLDB itself.

So, if you'd consider visiting

  http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/web/openoffice.html

and donating, this would be for the benefit of both the HSQLDB and the
OpenOffice.org project.

Regards
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -