Hi Frank,

Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hi Sophie,

Could you tell me if there is/will be a way to convert or import Access tables to OOoBase tables (through HSQLDB) ? Or is it this "very very nice to have feature" : Ability to convert a database from a different engine into the HSQLDB format and seamlessly import into OOo ?

There's an interesting project which couldn't evaluate too deeply so
far: http://student.dcu.ie/~yud2/4thmain.htm. It's a student's project
about converting MS Access databases into HSQLDB/OOo. Definately not a
perfect solutions, since currently based on OOo 1.x, but worth looking at.
If you (or somebody else) evaluates it before I find the time, and share
your impressions, this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I'll forward it to the users that asked it and will try to make the converter evaluates by the FR community and yes, it looks like a very interesting tool :)

I'm actually not sure if the complete JARs are available for download in
the meantime, last time I checked, only a few source files were. I
contacted the authors asking to put the complete project online, but
didn't check since, yet.

Ok, thanks for the info, I'll contact the authors if needed and keep you update of our tests.
Kind regards
Sophie