Hi,

This is my first post on this list. I'm also suscribed to lists on the
native-lang 'es' project.

I'm making my first steps with Basic Macros / UNO / Database access, and
I'm a little confused about the interface XDataDescriptorFactory.

I'm trying to copy a table structure from a registered database. So I
load it, make a connection, and obtain a reference to the tables
container.

According to the Developers Guide, if you call the tables container
'createDataDescriptor' method, you should get an empty TableDescriptor
to fill in with columns and keys, in order to later append it to the
tables container.

Also, the api documents an optional XDataDescriptorFactory interface at
com.sun.star.sdbcx.Table level, and says that it can be used to copy a
table (through his 'createDataDescriptor' method).

My interpretation (probably a wrong one) is that calling this method on
an existing Table object, should give us a filled TableDescriptor we
could modify and append to the tables container.

I try this approach and it seems to return an empty TableDescriptor.
That means this optional interface isn't implemented, my interpretation
is wrong or am I doing something bad?

Best regards,

Santiago Bosio