Hi Santiago,

sorry for the delay in answering, this shouldn't have happened,
especially since you're new to this list :-\. So, a late "Welcome" from
my side :)

> Also, the api documents an optional XDataDescriptorFactory interface at
> com.sun.star.sdbcx.Table level, and says that it can be used to copy a
> table (through his 'createDataDescriptor' method).
>
> My interpretation (probably a wrong one) is that calling this method on
> an existing Table object, should give us a filled TableDescriptor we
> could modify and append to the tables container.

That's my interpretation, too, though the description is somewhat sparse
:). Do you mind submitting an issue for this? Please also state the
database type you're working with, since this might make a difference.

> I try this approach and it seems to return an empty TableDescriptor.
> That means this optional interface isn't implemented, my interpretation
> is wrong or am I doing something bad?

It means that the documentation at least needs to be more explicit.
Then, I'd suggest it should explicitly say that it returns a descriptor
which, without any change except to the name, can be used to create a
new table which is a copy of the original one. Then, it's a bug that it
currently doesn't.

Thanks & Ciao

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -