Hi Peter,

Am Freitag, den 30.09.2005, 10:33 +0200 schrieb Peter Eberlein:
> Just a little reminder...
>
> the following snippet doesn't work, are ther any additional driver
> properties required?
> Can somebody with an oracle-connection check this?
>
> mDBProperties(0).Name = "User"
> mDBProperties(0).Value = "Me"
> mDBProperties(1).Name = "Password"
> mDBProperties(1).Value = "secret"
> oDriver = createUNOService("com.sun.star.sdbc.DriverManager")
> sDatabaseURL = "jdbc:oracle:thin:@//IPAddress:1521/DBName"
> oConnect = oDriver.getConnectionWithInfo(sDatabaseURL,mDBProperties())

According to the Developers Guide (I never tried this) you are missing
something:

Read the part "The SDBC Driver for JDBC" in the database chapter and you'll see
that this driver needs another property set:

<snip>
 // first create the needed url
   String url = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/TestTables";

 // second create the necessary properties

    com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue [] props = new
com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue[] {

        new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue("user", 0, "test1",
            com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),
        new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue("password", 0, "test1",
            com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),
        new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue("JavaDriverClass", 0,
"org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver",
            com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE)
    };

    // now create a connection to adabas
    xConnection = xDriverManager.getConnectionWithInfo(url, props);

</snip>

I think if you fill in the "JavaDriverClass" prop chances are good ...

HTH,
Marc