Hi Marc

Marc Santhoff schrieb:
Hi Peter,

Am Freitag, den 30.09.2005, 10:33 +0200 schrieb Peter Eberlein:

Just a little reminder...

the following snippet doesn't work, are ther any additional driver properties required?
Can somebody with an oracle-connection check this?

mDBProperties(0).Name = "User"
mDBProperties(0).Value = "Me"
mDBProperties(1).Name = "Password"
mDBProperties(1).Value = "secret"
oDriver = createUNOService("com.sun.star.sdbc.DriverManager")
sDatabaseURL = "jdbc:oracle:thin:@//IPAddress:1521/DBName"
oConnect = oDriver.getConnectionWithInfo(sDatabaseURL,mDBProperties())

According to the Developers Guide (I never tried this) you are missing
something:

Read the part "The SDBC Driver for JDBC" in the database chapter and you'll see
that this driver needs another property set:

I did, the following is only one of two possibilities using the DriverManager (I prefered the first one, so the DriverManager has by means of the URL to decide which driver has to be used).

<snip>
 // first create the needed url
   String url = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/TestTables";

 // second create the necessary properties

    com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue [] props = new
com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue[] {

new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue("user", 0, "test1", com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),
        new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue("password", 0, "test1",
            com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),
        new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue("JavaDriverClass", 0,
"org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver",
            com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE)
    };

    // now create a connection to adabas
                                    ^^^^^^ copy-typo in the SDK

    xConnection = xDriverManager.getConnectionWithInfo(url, props);

</snip>

I think if you fill in the "JavaDriverClass" prop chances are good ...

Sorry, no, I tried it before.
There's an exception (translated: "invalid arguments by invoking"), when using "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" as JavaDriverClass, irrespective of the mode of using the DriverManager.
I also tried the property "IsPasswordRequired" without success.

HTH,
Marc

Regards

Peter