Frank,

>  At the moment, I cannot imagine any backend feature which is so
> superior or powerful or cool or useful that I'd consider switching the
> backend more important than improving the front-end.

So, can I take that as "The only thing which would be convincing is getting
additional OOo coders to work on Base."  ?

That may not be out of the question, depending on how much the people
upstairs want it.  And I could certainly argue pretty persuasively for OOo
needing more resources ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus