Hi Robert,

first of all Congratulations :-)

You also have to add the files to module scp2/source/ooo/*. Search for jdbc to have a clue what to do.

Best regards,

Ocke

PS: Could you please send me the sources after you finished programming so I can review it a little bit? :-)

Robert Vojta wrote:
Hallo all,

I have my own SDBC driver as an UNO package. My UNO package contains
these files:

 - windows.plt/6sql-sdbc-impl.uno.dll
 - windows.plt/6sql-sdbc.uno.dll
 - windows.plt/6sql-sdbc.uno.ini
 - DataAccess.xcu

DataAccess.xcu file contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<oor:node xmlns:oor="http://openoffice.org/2001/registry";
xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; oor:name="DataAccess"
oor:package="org.openoffice.Office">

<node oor:name="UserDefinedDriverSettings">
      <node oor:name="6SQL Driver" oor:op="replace">
         <prop oor:name="DriverTypeDisplayName">
           <value>6SQL</value>
         </prop>
         <prop oor:name="DriverPageDisplayName">
              <value>6SQL SDBC Driver</value>
         </prop>
            <prop oor:name="DriverDsnPrefix">
           <value>sdbc:6sql:</value>
         </prop>
      </node>
</node>
</oor:node>

When I install this UNO package, my driver appears in available
drivers and it works perfectly. But I want to put this driver inside
OO.o source code tree and I followed these steps:

 - source code is placed in connectivity/drivers/6sql
 - connectivity/prj/*.lst is modified to build in 6sql and to deliver
*.dll and *.xml files
 - officecfg/.../DataAccess.xcu - 6sql driver info added

When I build OO.o, driver is correctly build and DLL libraries (same
name as in UNO package) are installed. But when I start OO.o, my
driver isn't visible in available drivers list. I'm trying to figure
out why for two days, but no success.

My drivers/6sql/6sql.xml file contains:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE COMPONENTDESCRIPTION PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"
"module-description.dtd">
<module-description xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>
    <module-name> 62sql-sdbc </module-name>
    <component-description>
        <Author>Your name</Author>
        <Name>org.openoffice.comp.connectivity.6sql.Driver</Name>
        <Description>
            This is the implementation of the 6SQL bridge.
        </Description>
        <loader-name>com.sun.star.loader.SharedLibrary</loader-name>
        <language>c++</language>
        <status value="final"/>
<supported-service> com.sun.star.sdbc.Driver </supported-service>
        <service-dependency>    ...    </service-dependency>
    </component-description>
</module-description>

And officecfg/registry/data/org/.../DataAccess.xcu contains:

 <node oor:name="UserDefinedDriverSettings">
    <node oor:name="6SQL Driver" oor:op="replace">
        <prop oor:name="DriverTypeDisplayName">
            <value>6SQL</value>
        </prop>
        <prop oor:name="DriverPageDisplayName">
            <value>6SQL</value>
        </prop>
        <prop oor:name="DriverDsnPrefix">
            <value>sdbc:6sql:</value>
        </prop>
</node> </node> <node oor:name="org.openoffice.comp.drivers.6sql.Driver" oor:op="replace">
       <prop oor:name="DriverName">
         <value>org.openoffice.comp.drivers.6sql.Driver</value>
       </prop>
       <prop oor:name="Enable">
         <value>false</value>
       </prop>
       <prop oor:name="Timeout">
         <value>60</value>
       </prop>
     </node>

It looks like that I missed something or my DataAccess.xcu and
6sql.xml modifications are not valid. Please, can you review it and
tell me what can be wrong here?

Best regards,
Robert

--
Ocke Janssen                      Tel: +49 40 23646 661, x66661
Dipl. Inf(FH)                     Fax: +49 40 23646 550

Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach. Albert Einstein