Mathias Röllig wrote:
Am 15.05.2007 15:59 schrieb Peter Eberlein:
I think you use
 oControl.setString( "myText" )
Yes, I do so, but don't understand why this shouldn't work.

I think the reason is, that there is no need that a control is bound to
a database field. You can use controls without any database so that the
content of a control is different from the content of the database
field, but there is the boundfield as interface between them.

Hope this was understandable.

Greetings
        Mathias
Hi,

I believe the problem is that you are working with the model of the control and not the control on the form.

For instance in the case of a text field you would want to do this
thisComponent.CurrentController.getControl( oControl ).setText( "Yourtext" )

This will set the rowset to Modified as you want.

Drew Jensen