Hi Peter,

your mail in [EMAIL PROTECTED] is still marked as TODO in my mail folder, sorry
for not answering for this long time.

> after 30 min of inactivity with a form the connection to a
> jdbc-datasource has been closed automatically (don't know if base or the
> driver is guilty here ;) ).
> To reestablish, I would like to create an UNO-Listener, which informs me
> about the lost connection, so that I can reconnect via api.

There is no such mechanism, I fear.

First, I suppose it's the system driver (Oracle JDBC?) which has a
built-in timeout - OOo itself doesn't auto-close connections.
Also, we don't have any mechanism to get notified of those timeouts of
the system driver, so we cannot pass on this event.

Perhaps the documentation of your database/driver can tell you how to
disable this auto-logout. For the current OOo versions, I fear there's
nothing which can be done on OOo side (though, as always requests for
enhancement are welcome. Best saying that this is about Oracle, which
would give it some more importance then when it's about some widely
unknown DB :).

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -