Hi Peter,

> yes, there's a property "inactivity-timeout" with default "30".
> So MyConnection = XDriver.getConnectionWithInfo() works fine for me. But
> how to replace the ActiveConnection of the form with the new one? The
> dev-guide says, it can be set from outside, but XForm.ActiveConnection =
> MyConnection fails. Any hints?

First, you could try to add the inactivity-timeout to the data source's
"Info" member. (There's also a property "Settings", which mirrors the
Info, but is a XPropertySet/XPropertyBag, so you could do something like
oDataSource.Settings.addProperty( "inactivity-timeout", ... ) as most
convenient way). Those settings are persistent, so you need to do this
only once. Now when Base connects, it passes all the properties in the
"Info" sequence which it doesn't know to the system driver. This way,
all your connections (in particular the ones for the forms) should
inherit this setting.

If this doesn't work for whatever reasons (I'd be interested in the
results), then try doing a reload at the form after you have set the
connection - this should force the form to use the new connection. If
this doesn't work, too - then more details about how you do this, please.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -