Hi Mechtilde,

[MySQL-test]
Description     = MySQL database test
Driver          = MySQL
Server          = 10.16.5.37
Database        = test
Port            = 3306

Maybe some question can help to find the right answer for your problem:

1. Is it right that you use MySQl in the intranet not over the internet?

intranet

2. What do you want to do?

I want to have a database shared by multiple people, and I think I can
use oobase as nicer and custom front-end (instead of phpmyadmin which
is way too general). I already have MySQL setup and we use it every
day. It's very fast. We access it with PHP, Python and with a simple
command line client "mysql". It's been up for years, never had problems
accessing it locally or remotely through the intranet.

3. Do you use Win or Linux? If Linux which distri?

Linux, CentOS 3 I think.

Martin