Hi Andrew,

>> An "import/export" wizard is something I'd love to have. Looking at the
>> re-appearing questions, this would be tremendously useful.
>
> Yes., it would be nice to have - but having a JDBC driver for an
> embedded Base database would
> open up the possibility to use data migration tools already available.
> At first blush it would appear, to me,
> to have a much bigger bang for the buck then a native import/export wizard.

A wizard would allow im/export between all formats, not only for the
embedded HSQLDB. Basically, it would be some "Copy Table" wizard with a
data source selection before or after it.

A JDBC driver ... I'd have some headache with providing this as long as
we don't have the storage-based file format. Burdening the JDBC driver
user with committing her changes to the .odb file is pretty error-prone.

>> Perhaps after we addressed all the performance problems some users
>> rightfully moaned about? :)
>
> Ah, the decision of where to assign limited resources...*grin*, well
> that;s why they pay you the big bucks Frank.

There's a saying here which, in English, would be something like "What
do you dream *at night*?" :)
I mention it from time to time (though not too often to not destroy too
many illusions): I'm not absolutely free in scheduling resources,
exactly *because* somebody is paying me bucks. :)

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -