andrew wrote:

I closed up SO8 and started up OOo2.3m_1 to check that copy paste to Calc again

I can copy a range of cells in an Access dataview and paste them into a Calc sheet. I can not drag and drop a table object from Acess to a Calc sheet. - nothing is inserted.
Just the opposite of what I had with SO8.
Scratch that last line - it was getting late. I couldn't drag a table from Access to Calc in SO8 or OOo2.3.

Oh and when I tried a Paste Special with a copied range from an Access dataview into the table section in a Base file - OOo crashed. I'll wait and try that again in the morning.

Enough for now

Drew