Hi Andrew,

let me answer one item separately:

> I ran a query against the issue tracker for items marked as
> requirements. In looking at these issues one thing becomes apparent IMO,
> assigning an issue to requirements appears to be a dead end event, for
> all intent and purpose, to the users perspective. There is no one that
> then takes ownership of the issue, there seems to be no real attempt to
> solicit input from the person requesting the enhancement or feature for
> ideas or comments. It just goes off to whoever, at where ever and maybe
> at some point it will come back to life. I am sure there are exceptions
> to that statement, and perhaps it is just wrong and would be i would be
> happy if that is the case.
>
> It may also be that this is the wrong place to raise this and if so I
> will do so at QA or UX or where ever is best.

[EMAIL PROTECTED], please.

I'm somewhat unhappy with the requirements account (I think I mentioned
this in the past), so I'd appreciate if others share their impression
about it, maybe a discussion leads to an improvement here.

In general, we're looking over the requirement/feature requests for our
project from time to time, and assign targets/developers for those which
we want to implement next. So, it's not really a dead end, it's just a
pile of issues not in the immediate focus.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -