Jim Callahan ha scritto:
>> "The idea is to add (basic) GIS (Geographical Information System)
>> functionalities to OpenOffice Base. This kind of features terribly lacks
>> in standard DBMS, thus people interested in displaying maps must use
>> another software - and that often means spending a lot of time to get
>> used to it. I'm not talking about executing advanced spatial queries or
>> image analysis, but something like displaying a map would be a good
>> start."
>>

> Great idea!
> Until then you might want to look at the uDig and QGIS projects or some
> programs available from the US government.

I do not think implementing a fully fledged GIS inside OOo makes any sense.
What I would like, however, would be to have a geodatabase browser. This
should be more reasonable as an effort, as:
- OOo base can already browse Postgresql (thus also PostGIS) tables
- OOo draw can read svg (an output supported by PostGIS).
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: http://www.faunalia.it/pc