Hi Ariel,

> Done, I reopened it.

Thanks.

> so some side thoughts concerning the qa message you cited: I had to
> install the Win version because I was not sure if the Linux build is an
> "official" one (==done by Sun's engineers), as the intro bitmap has no
> Sun logo and the About dlg says "Producto creado por ... basado en OOo"
> (==Product build by ... based on OOo). I could only find (after lot of
> search) the official Windows build, but no official Linux build, just
> the one mentioned.

Well, you can report issues against Pavel's builds as well. In some
sense, his builds are even cleaner than the "official" builds, but this
is another story. If you log an issue against such a build (I would not
even call it "not official", it gives too much of a "hacky" taste, in my
opinion), just mention where you got the build from, to be on the safe
side. The chances that is is really an issue with this build only are
rather low.

> A mystery to me why there are no official builds for every main
> platform, and why they are hard to find, when it will be logical to get
> them from some link in http://download.openoffice.org/680/index.html
> where you are guided to get "Snapshot Builds and Release Candidates" :-(

One reasons mentioned to me offline: too few mirror admins could be
convinced to hold both snapshots from the SRC680 (2.4) and the OOG680
(2.3.1) code line. Another one: Legal requires we keep a copy of every
installation set we ever published - for at least 3 years. With, in
average, one snapshot per week, released on 4 platforms, in multiple
different languages, each set being more than 100MB - this adds to quite
some space, wasted due to senseless legal requirements.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -