> You can easily get data into Base...but you won't
> find it by looking for a File > Import command.

Actually, it applies to CALC as well as BASE. The import CSV form I like is
not under CALC's  "File > Import," menu but under "Insert > Sheet from
File..." where the "type of file"  is  "Text CSV  (.csv, .txt or  .xls)".
The delimiter form is "context sensitive" and only appears if you have
specified a file with one of the allowable extensions, on the insert sheet
from file menu.

Not illogical, but not the usual place either.

Because it is context sensitive, a reviewer would not find the delimiter
form  if they were just exploring the menu tree to see what features
OpenOffice.org BASE offered.

Jim Callahan
Orlando, FL