Hi Frank,

> The table designer is in dbaccess/source/ui/tabledesign. Saving a
> changed design is centrally done in OTableController::alterColumns -
> this is where I would start.
>
> For the various column classes involved ... I'm not sure which of the
> ones in dbaccess/source/core/api would be the best to start with (Ocke
> would be able to answer this more precise, but he's still on
vacation),
> I suggest you simply touch every file with "column" in its name, and
> every file which a "grep DEFAULT *" mentiones, build them with
> "debug=1", and let the debugger guide you, starting from the
> aforementioned alterColumns method.

I managed to compile the dbaccess module with debug information, but I'm
still stuck with the bug because I do not really understand the code in
dbaccess and what's going on in there. Do you know when Ocke will be
back from vacation? Maybe he might have a clue as you said.

Looks like OColumnSettings in dbaccess/source/core/api/column.cxx is
used to work with the column specific information that is stored in the
base document, while m_aControlDefault holds the default value and
OTableController in dbaccess/source/ui/tabledesign/TableControler.cxx
has alterColumns(), which is called when you hit the save button in
Base's table designer for altering the column specific information.

I also need to say that the problem appears only when altering a column
default, but not when I add a new column with a default to an existing
table.

Best regards,
Micha