Moin Micha,

Michael Strobel wrote:
Hi Frank,

The table designer is in dbaccess/source/ui/tabledesign. Saving a
changed design is centrally done in OTableController::alterColumns -
this is where I would start.

For the various column classes involved ... I'm not sure which of the
ones in dbaccess/source/core/api would be the best to start with (Ocke
would be able to answer this more precise, but he's still on
vacation),
I'm back :-)
I suggest you simply touch every file with "column" in its name, and
every file which a "grep DEFAULT *" mentiones, build them with
"debug=1", and let the debugger guide you, starting from the
aforementioned alterColumns method.

I managed to compile the dbaccess module with debug information, but I'm
still stuck with the bug because I do not really understand the code in
dbaccess and what's going on in there. Do you know when Ocke will be
back from vacation? Maybe he might have a clue as you said.

Looks like OColumnSettings in dbaccess/source/core/api/column.cxx is
used to work with the column specific information that is stored in the
base document, while m_aControlDefault holds the default value and
OTableController in dbaccess/source/ui/tabledesign/TableControler.cxx
has alterColumns(), which is called when you hit the save button in
Base's table designer for altering the column specific information.

I also need to say that the problem appears only when altering a column
default, but not when I add a new column with a default to an existing
table.
First of all I have to clarify that default values which you enter in the table design window are never propagated to the driver. These default values are only UI values which will be shown when you open the table to add data. What may me confuse is the fact that your alter command is called.Normally I would argue that some props of the column type has changed. May be the problem is databasemetadata:.getColumns for that table (type nfo of the column), but that is only a guess.

Best regards,

Ocke
Best regards,
Micha

Ocke Janssen                      Tel: +49 40 23646 661, x66661
Dipl. Inf(FH)                     Fax: +49 40 23646 550
Sun Microsystems Inc.
Nagelsweg 55                     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
D-20097 Hamburg                   http://www.sun.com/staroffice

Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer