Hi Frank
On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 11:53 +0200, Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems
Germany wrote:
> Hi Noel,
>
> > It seems to work (but.. /me is not very unfamiliar with gui things ) I
> > made it so the SvURLBox thingy now accepts an externally defined
> > placeholder ( I hope where I defined the resource for use with the
> > formcontrol browser is acceptable ), if the placeholder is displayed,
> > the first keypress results in the placeholder getting selected, this
> > should ensure it gets immediately replaced with what you type.
>
> looks good to me. Well, sufficiently good - cursor traveling through the
> field is not possible with this approach (since a change in selection
> implicitly changes the cursor position), but I'd say this is negligible.
sure, the effort in providing that kinda behaviour doesn't seem worth it
( in this case )
> You enable the "Link" check box the wrong way 'round - it must be
> enabled when there is *no* field, since if and only the control is bound
> to a field, then the image will be stored in the database, anyway.
<sigh> that's why I didn't like not being able to test it, but still I
shouldn't have made that mistake
> It's correct to not leave early, since there might be listeners which
> are interested in the event. However, the correct way for
> aNormalizedValue is the current property value then, *not* the place
> holder (which is a display value for the user's convenience only,
> nothing to be propagated to listeners).

right, I knew you would know :-)
> One other nit In ImageControl.cxx, handleNewImageURL, asking
> GraphicAccess::isSupportedURL *once* is enough :)
dumb substitution, carelessness through exhaustion I think
> Assuming that you fix the two items (enable the link check box if there
> is *no* bound field; and using the proper NormalizedValue in ::Commit),
> I'm fine with the patch. Do you want to commit, or should I?
I would be really happy ( and grateful ) if you committed as I don't
have any cws anywhere near 'Ready For QA'

I have made the changes above and will attach the latest version to the
issue.

Thanks again

Noel