Hi Sophie,

>>> Would it be possible to have only one fully localized message?
>> The fact that some messages are duplicate is a general problem that our
>> error handling is not always ... optimal, which can be fixed on a
>> case-by-case basis only, since it's hard to impossible to judge, just
>> from looking at the code, where this could happen.
> Ok so if I fill an issue with the necessary steps to reproduce, you
> might be able to fix it?

Usually yes. Sometimes the effort is non-trivial, and in case of
*slightly* different messages from the HSQL engine and Base it might be
debatable whether it's worth keeping both, however. But as a rule of
thumb, I think error messages presented to the user are an important
thing, and a message box which shows the same text twice just looks ...
unprofessional, so it's worth investigating it.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -