Hi Mechtilde,

> I want to create a connection to my Thunderbird addressbook under Linux
> (Debian)
>
> I choose "File -> New -> Database -> Choose a connection to an existing
> database -> Thunderbird Addressbook"
>
> Then I can choose "Browse" and see 2 addressbooks.
>

> My problem now is: I want to know where (in which directory) it browse.
>

> My suggestion is to choose the right path to the dirctory myself.

This would probably mean larger changes in the driver. Also, I am not
sure this is really desired. Finally, isn't it that you need to know the
*profile* whose address data you access, instead of the concrete
location? I strongly suppose Joe Average would be seriously overwhelmed
if we asked him to browse for his Thunderbird Address Book files - he
might not even know the location of his TB user profile, not to mention
the AB files.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -