Drew Jensen wrote:

The request is to enhance the query parser components to recognize a command such as

CALL somefunction( params.... )

- allowing escape processing for function parameters
-- I don't know what the implications are regarding column names
-- Also don't know the cost of supporting this only for the data sources that can utilize it, adding another item/option overhead I suppose --- Question - do the different data sources (SDB, MySQL native, etc) supply code/configuration options to the query component runtime, or is that (the query component code) singular and within it accounts for the different data sources?

Currently in Base:

Open any Base file
Create query def in SQL view - SQLDirect True

call DAYOFWEEK( '2009-11-27' )

Returns a single column named @p0

This RFE would allow the following, with escape processing:

call DAYOFWEEK( :Enter-Current-Date )

Prompts user for value of Enter-Current-Date
Returns single column named @p0

Also,

hmm - I see why I was so hesitant at issuezilla. That isn't quite what I meant to say.
and now for the part I left out...

Also,

call CUSTOMProcedure( p1...pn )

CUSTOMProcedure returnS a read only result set containing ONE row, columns named p0 to p(n-1)

and

call CUSTOMFunction( p1...pn )

CUSTOMFunction returns a read only result set with zero or more rows, columns named IN returned result set.

Drew