Okay, you have caught my interest.

However, to avoid build error
    conflicting declaration 'typedef int BOOL'
in at least odbcconfig.cxx, I have been patching the distributed source
by blanking out the line
    typedef int BOOL;
from my (Ubuntu Hardy) /usr/include/iodbcunix.h and copying the result
to the two files
    connectivity/inc/iodbcunix.h
    dbaccess/inc/iodbcunix.h.

Does this impact the value of my tests?  Should I mention it in any
contribution to any issue?  (I have also patched
svl/source/misc/inettype.cxx as per issue 109146 (cws sb121) and
sv/source/filter/asc/parasc.cxx for issue 109179 (own improvisation).
Could these be relevant to Base?)

Of course, if it is obvious that I should be building differently, all
suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
Terry.