Peter ,

Thanks for the hint but no luick , the type in the rowset = 93 this gives and still a lot of "0"'s and no (null) in my table

as i use a SQL statement i do not alter the rowset but go over the active conection to the mySQL table. when is use the rowset service to update in stead off a direct SQL statement then the "column.updatnull" gives a (null) in the table. as the rowset service still gives problems i need to use SQLstatements to alter my tables "behind" the OO- rowset service runs also a "SQLstatement" : question is wath type is there used to set the right SQLtype ?

Thanks

Fernand
Hi Fernand,

did you query for the type of the column?

resultSet.columns.getByName("myCol").Type?

oStatement.setNull(1,1111 ) for a "textfield" works fine (1111 = long
SQLType "others")
oStatement.setNull(2,1111 ) for a "timestamp" returns "00-00-00
00:00:00" and not the Mysql (null)

i tried SQLtype 0 also with same results

Regards

Peter