Hi Folks,

If I launch an admin:create'd instance via admin:start from the master karaf
instance, all is hunky-dorey.

However, if instead the child instance is run from the command line via the
generated instances/<name> directory tree, then I'm see a port clash on the
JMX RMI connector[1] if the master instance is still runing.

So I guess the question is, should we automatically override the jmxrmi port
for the admin:create'd instance? (presumably via the serviceUrl property
picked up by OSGI-INF/blueprint/karaf-management.xml)

Or should the JMX RMI connector be disabled for the child instance? (as the
management tooling may be expecting port 1099 or nothing)

We may have a similar issue with the default 8181 port for the HTTP service.

Cheers,
Eoghan

[1]
Exception in thread "JMX Connector Thread
[service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi]"
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not start JMX connector server
    at
org.apache.felix.karaf.management.ConnectorServerFactory$1.run(ConnectorServerFactory.java:103)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot bind to URL
[rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi]: javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException:
jmxrmi [Root exception is java.rmi.AlreadyBoundException: jmxrmi]
    at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectorServer.newIOException(RMIConnectorServer.java:804)
    at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectorServer.start(RMIConnectorServer.java:417)
    at
org.apache.felix.karaf.management.ConnectorServerFactory$1.run(ConnectorServerFactory.java:101)
Caused by: javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException: jmxrmi [Root exception is
java.rmi.AlreadyBoundException: jmxrmi]
    at
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.bind(RegistryContext.java:122)