Tyler MacDonald wrote:
Paul Querna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Add/Change your configuration to the Following:

Listen 1234 GnuDIP2
AcceptFilter GnuDIP2 none

This will disable the Accept Filter that by default waits for data.

See also the docs:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#acceptfilter
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#listen

        That works, thanks!!!

        This is a private module so I'm not concerned about complicating the
configuration file, but I'm planning a release of a public module (mod_bt;
http://www.crackerjack.net/mod_bt/) that will have a protocol handler soon.
I'll make sure I document that they need to set that option, but...

        Is there any way for a module to turn off the AcceptFilter itself?

Nope, mostly because with how the current API is structured, we don't know what module will handle the protocol until runtime. It could be one that wants Accept Filtering, or one that doesn't.

If you could with 100% accuracy match a single Listener Record to a Single Protocol Module, then an API could be created to better handle this situation.

-Paul