Having it as a screen will let have it become a portlet.
I am working on a portlet/portal feature similar to the one JIRA has.

This will let every application that has defined a screen to offer that
screen as a portlet to be added to a portal.
A portal is a screen that is configured by the user picking up several
portlets available in the system.
Every user will have the possibility to define several portals.
This will let us have a MyPage completely independent on the applications.

...but this is a different subject I will post about as soon as I have
something more stable...

-Bruno