Better looking into this I am trying to implement a much simpler solution:
I have changed the ant svninfo task to create a svninfo.xml file with all
SVN info. It looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<info>
<entry
   kind="dir"
   path="."
   revision="740301">
<url>https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk</url>
<repository>
<root>https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf</root>
<uuid>13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68</uuid>
</repository>
<wc-info>
<schedule>normal</schedule>
</wc-info>
<commit
   revision="740301">
<author>buscob</author>
<date>2009-02-03T13:26:11.171854Z</date>
</commit>
</entry>
</info>

I need now the ant task to extract the entry revision (and may be the url)
attributes from this file and append it into a simple text file that is
included in the footer.ftl

Does somebody know how to have an ant task read a tag attribute and then
write it to a textfile?
Many thanks,
Bruno