This vote has passed unanimously with the following detailed results:

Binding (PMC):

[+1] 11
[+0] 0
[-1] 0

Non-Binding:

[+1] 11
[+0] 0
[-1] 0

Thanks to all who voted.

This means that from now in code that requires Java 6 (1.6) is allowed, and
encouraged, in the trunk. The current revision appears to be 886194, so
anything after that in the trunk may have Java 6 code.

Note that this does not include the release branches, both of which should
remain compatible with Java 5 (1.5).

-David