I've edited framework\base\config\component-load.xml to look like this:

<component-loader xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ofbiz.apache.org/dtds/component-loader.xsd";>
    <load-components parent-directory="framework"/>
    <!-- all other components commented out -->
</component-loader>

I've edited framework\component-load.xml to look like this:

<component-loader xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ofbiz.apache.org/dtds/component-loader.xsd";>
    <load-component component-location="geronimo"/>
    <load-component component-location="entity"/>
    <load-component component-location="catalina"/>
    <!-- all other components commented out -->
</component-loader>

When I try to start ofbiz, I get the following error:

org.ofbiz.base.start.StartupException: Cannot locate container class
(org.ofbiz.commons.vfs.CommonsVfsContainer)

This error will only stop if I uncomment the webslinger component.

Is this dependency on webslinger ok or shall I raise it as an issue?

Many thanks,

Chris