We could have an "archived components" page on the wiki to describe all of that.

-Adrian

On 3/2/2012 9:33 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
On Mar 2, 2012, at 10:26 AM, Adrian Crum wrote:

I don't understand the need for the archive folder. If we just remove unused
code, then anyone wanting to resurrect it can just check out a previous
revision that included it.
This is definitely true but I was thinking that it may be easier to document the instructions about these old
components (using README files in the "archive" subfolders); for *example* if we will move there
"webslinger" we could add to the README files the details about how to define the OFBiz container
for it (currently in the config files in the "base" folder). But actually the same can be retrieved
from the commit logs if we will decide to simply delete from repository. I am very open to both the solutions.

Thanks,

Jacopo

I like the idea of moving some of the specialpurpose components outside the
main project.

-Adrian