By that logic we should include in README.md things like:

- ignore the warnings from the log file
- ignore the exceptions thrown because we have some faulty forms
- ignore the system crashing if you don't load data
- ignore all anomalies and corner cases

This is a trivial issue that is being converted into a major issue. I'm not
sure it warrants all this discussion, opening a JIRA and quoting our
hipchat discussion like it's a big issue while we leave the more critical
issues. We have a problem in port mapping, UI refactoring, and tons of work
in critical areas. Why not spend energy where it is due.

My opinion is that this is an insignificant cosmetic issue that can be very
easily addressed. You can define the environment variable in the wrapper
startup script for example and be done with this whole discussion. To my
memory this discussion came up twice, so definitely not a recurring
question that happens everyday on the ML.

This reminds me when we first started migrating to gradle of discussions
like oh let's have an alias like g instead of gradlew or let's try to
customize the gradle gui to handle corner cases while leaving the important
and critical work of the actual migration.