Hi Ciprian,

to use Osmium is certainly a good idea if you planning similar complex
filtering tasks for the future!

If you want to try it with osmfilter, there are two ways:

1. Manipulate XML

Filter positive:

  osmfilter input_data.osm --keep="landuse=" -o=filter_data.osm

Then manipulate the XML file by inserting a line "<delete>" right before the
first node. Then apply this manipulated file to the original file:

  osmconvert input_data.osm filter_data.osm -o=output_data.osm

(osmconvert will internally treat filter_data.osm as a changefile ".osc".)

2. Use Dependencies

I never tried it to this extend, but it should work. We assume that nodes may
stay in the file IF (and only if) they are a member of a way (or relation) OR
they have at least one own tag:

  osmfilter input_data.osm --keep-nodes="*" --keep-ways-relations="landuse!=*"
-o=output_data.osm

Markus

-------- Original-Nachricht --------