Rene Kluwen wrote:

Some comments:

- configure SHOULD be included in the patch. Because "nobody" uses autoconf
to build their configure itself.
This is way different from .o files... because they are not included in the
repository.

yeah, the configure should be commited to CVS of course. But usually the person picking the patch up, reviewing and commiting it to CVS would "produce" the configure, rather then rellying on a version submited.

The issue is that patchsets including configure get huge, and it's literally not "necessary" to include it.

- Yes, a seperate build tree for sqlbox might be cleaner. But we can only do
that if we work towards an unpatched Kannel that we can build against.

Agree'ing. That's what I have here now.

Meaning all patches that are in sqlbox.patch should go in CVS *or* sqlbox
should work around it in another way (e.g. in the case of cfg.def).

yep. Kannel core builds first, user does a 'make install' and afterwards add-on modules use the libs.

- The quotes issue is indeed a matter of Kannel and not of sqlbox. Yes, it
should be included in Kannel CVS.
Stipe: Try building plain Kannel (without sqlbox patch) with MySQL support
on the kannel.org host.
You will notice that it won't want to 'make'.

ok, will kick this today and commit to cvs then.

- The bearerbox-is-sqlbox directive is to let smsbox know that it should
connect to the sqlbox-port in stead of the bearerbox-port.
That is all there is to it.

but I can't see in the patch where the variable is actually used? Am I missing something?

- Maybe you should post the source codes of your smppbox here so we can all
see how you did it ;)

I can post the sceleton build environment (configure.in and Makefile.in) :)... but there would be "black holes" :)

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org