On Friday, August 30, 2019 5:16:25 AM MST Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> > On Aug 29, 2019, at 9:41 PM, John Harris <joh...@splentity.com> wrote:
> >

> >> On Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:12:22 AM MST Dan Book wrote:
> >> I would agree, but people do install multiple desktops after installing
> >> spin. Such a use case needs to be considered (not sure if it matters,
> >> though).
> >

> > This is definitely not the ideal scenario, especially not from the case of
> > the  installer for the GNOME spin. I don't know if there's really any
> > reason to consider it, as the user is taking things into their own hands
> > at that point.
>
> Let us not try to outsmart what people *must have wanted*, and err on the
> side of not leaving their neckties hanging out the window for yanking by
> passing pranksters.  Leave firewalls up by default.

I don't think you understand what I meant. Please allow me to clarify. The
suggestion was that we should set the default in such a way that would work
regardless of what the user installs after the installation of Workstation
itself. We have no way of doing that. We cannot just guess what the user means
to install while we're in Anaconda. Unfortunately, mind reading hardware isn't
there yet.

I would agree, leave firewalls up by default.

--
John M. Harris, Jr. <joh...@splentity.com>
Splentity