On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 9:50 AM Fabio Valentini <decatho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm curious about this. I do get email notifications for all changes and
> comments for all my own bodhi updates plus for every update that I
> commented on. Have you turned this off, or do you mean to say you're going
> to ignore bodhi emails?

Speaking only for myself, yes I ignore bodhi emails.  Why?  I get huge
amounts of email, so I've developed some survival strategies.  One of them
is to ignore sources of noise.  Bodhi emails are mostly noise.  Almost
always, when bodhi sends me email, the email tells me something I already
know.  A build finished.  Yes, I know.  I saw the "fedpkg build" command
complete.  I didn't need even one email about it, much less multiple
emails.  If you want me to pay attention to bodhi emails, then the
signal-to-noise ratio has to improve dramatically.

It would be enough to let users comment on an update for, let's say, a week
> after it's pushed to stable. That way, immediate feedback isn't lost, but
> bugs that are found after that time period need to go to bugzilla.

I agree with Mattia on this.  Once an update has gone stable, there is no
possibility of modifying it, so commenting on it further is not useful.
File a bug please.  Then I can create a new update to fix the problem, and
a link to the update will be added to the bug.

Here's the problem with allowing comments on stable updates: they're going
to get lost in the shuffle.  Those of us who maintain hundreds of packages
need a fast, easy way to answer the question, "What outstanding problems do
my packages have?"  That way we can select what to work on next.  I can go
to bugzilla and see a list of open bugs.  I can go to bodhi and see a list
of updates in testing.  Where, exactly, do I go to see a list of stable
updates that have comments indicating more work needs to be done?  Nowhere,
which means I'm going to forget about those updates and the problems won't
get fixed.

Regards,
--
Jerry James